GROWTH AND POPULARITY OF MUAY THAI
Muay Thai has become a widespread sport, gaining popularity when the UFC and MMA became mainstream and Muay Thai champions were knocking out competitors, formerly undefeated. The professional league is governed by The Professional Boxing Association of Thailand (P.A.T) sanctioned by The Sport Authority of Thailand (S.A.T.), and World Muaythai Federation (WMF) overseas.
BENEFITS OF MUAY THAI:
- Muay Thai Improves physical conditioning
- Better cardiovascular - Muay Thai is a high impact martial art.
- Increased leg strength - Muay Thai is known for its devastating knees and kicks.
- Better core strength
- Increased hip mobility
- Stress relief outlet
- Heightened courage and discipline
- Improved intelligence and reflexes